Comment on page
Safeguarded Launch Protocol
Making the Launchpad Space Safer.
To filter out the more irrespective and greedier actors, and also to make sure projects put in full effort into making their projects successful, we now have a strict 10 rules protocol called “SafeGuarded Launch Protocol” that projects have to adhere to with no exceptions — in order to receive all the raised funds or even launch on TrustPad in the first place.
These rules went into effect on April 29th, 2022.
Fun fact: The first-ever refund (post-IDO) by any launchpad was made by TrustPad.
1. TrustPad will require a minimum amount of liquidity to be added on a DEX according to the total raise. It will be decided case by case according to the total raise and other circumstances, but it will never be less than $250k for a specific trading pair. The liquidity needs to be locked for at least 9 months and longer if the whole vesting period passes that. Please note: Planned DEX / AMM upgrades, such as the one from PancakeSwap V1 to V2, will also be taken in consideration, when deciding lockup time.
2. TrustPad will require mandatory lock-ups for “Team Tokens” such as team, development, marketing, advisory etc tokens. These tokens need to get locked according to their vesting schedule, no exception. Proof of lock is a must before launch. Any sign of more tokens in circulation than the specified DEX listing amount will prompt an immediate refund or at least a poll for that.
3. TrustPad will require preset distribution times to be complied with. If a sale partner allows a certain party to get their tokens before TrustPad investors, we will find a way to compensate our investors. If the sale partner acts maliciously or makes an error in regards to the distribution that causes losses to our investors, we will withhold an appropriate amount of the unvested funds in order to compensate the loss to our investors.
4. TrustPad will only send funds in batches according to the vesting schedule in order to be able to refund the community in the cases of project abandonment, hacks, exploits, system breakdown or malicious activity. For instance, if the contracts gets hacked or any other unforeseeable thing happens (force majeure), and the token price suffers due to that and the project is no more profitable to our investors, we will refund or at least set up a poll to refund the rest of the distributions.
5. TrustPad will make sure the initial project’s roadmap is followed and doesn’t put our investors’ money in jeopardy, we reserve the right to refund the rest of the unvested amounts. For instance, if the project decides that they are going to transfer their marketing funds to enrich the team members, that will naturally cause a finable, compensable event and also may cause a refund for the rest of the distribution amounts. All the money withheld as fines will be transferred to the sale participants, investors in that particular sale.
6. TrustPad will require all the tokens sold in a sale (IDO, Private or Seed) through TrustPad to be sent to TrustPad before the launch to make sure our community will get their tokens in time, without any delays, no exceptions.
7. No more than 30 days between a sale and its listing. Our aim is to have all the sales 24 to 72 hours before the listing to keep the momentum intact. If a listing is postponed until further notice, we will automatically refund the sale if the delay is for 21 days or more. We will then have another sale date for the project close, 24 to 72 hours before the new listing date. TrustPad never wants to withhold investors’ funds more than what is needed. This rule is to ensure maximum ROI for the investors’ funds.
8. TrustPad will require full token audits from reputable audit companies to ensure that there are no malicious functions in the contract such as rug pull allowing tax systems, proxy contracts, honeypots, centralized blacklisting (other than possible launch -elated bot prevention), minting or other types of malicious functions.
9. TrustPad will provide a comprehensive launch protocol for the sale partners to follow. That protocol contains specific guidance regarding various issues to ensure that the listing goes technically smoothly, avoids various pitfalls and bot abuse, and most importantly has specific guidance to maximize multiples the price can do at the listing.
10. TrustPad will require projects to stay above their IDO price until at least 41% of the distribution is complete. If the term does not fill, we will set a poll to decide on a refund for the rest of the distributions. TrustPad will provide guidance to the sale partners to sustain a high token price. In the guide, we will provide specific actions to do and others to avoid.